Monday, February 14, 2005

Gratitude

"Feb. 14 - Gratitude - Begin the day by listing 5 things for which you are grateful and end it by sharing with one person all of the good things that happened to you today."

Five things for which I am grateful:
1. My family
2. My friends
3. A roof over my head
4. The opportunity to go to school
5. The country I live in (Canada).

See, that part was easy, because I'm reminded of this nearly every day, though, admittedly it is something easy to push into the back of my mind when some sort of odd melodrama hits. All the good things that happened to me today though?

1. I ran into my best friend unexpectedly on the escalator to class. My best recollections of him are always when he catches me by surprise like that, because he loves sneaking up on me and grumbling through the (mysterious) morning smile he always has on when he sees me.

2. My marginal lit class went really well. Simon sat next to me, and I actually gathered up the gumption to say more then a few things in class this time.

3. I had a really nice coffee with Simon afterwards, and we had a really in depth discussion on the next "phase" of life that seems so imminent to us now- and how contenting it can be to know who you are.

4. Kat gave me a huge bag of cinnamon hearts in my next class for Valentines day, and showed me the friendship bracelet she's making me, and it's absolutely incredible looking. We hung out after class and she cheered me up and gave me some good advice.

5. Ran into Jason N. and caught up briefly, as I haven't seen him at all this semester, and I enjoy the guy's vivacity for life, he's really awesome.

6. It started to snow on the way home, in big gorgeous white fat flakes, and I love walking through that.

7. I had french fries and mayo for supper- t'was excellent.

8. I'm going to see the Vagina Monologues tonight, which is very awesome. I've seen it once before, but it's different every time.

9. I got an email from Adam that made me feel a lot better about our quibble last night, and less panicky about the whole situation.

10. Today is day two of clean sheet night (It's still good!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home